Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Florence and Siena

This past weekend, I took a trip with my friend Jill, my roommate Molly, and the rest of my art history class to Siena and Florence. We took a private bus on friday to Siena, which was much colder than I had expected. For lunch that day, I got the most delicious meal that I have had in, at the very least, a month. I had homemade pasta with a mushroom sauce. Mmmm. Oh, the luxury of eating out for every meal during the weekend...I think that I have only eaten out once in Rome, the day that we went ice skating. Anyway, after Siena, we took our bus to Florence, got situated in the hotel, and found a restauraunt for dinner. Over the course of the weekend, we made our way to 13 different churches and museums, including the Ufitzi gallery. Saturday night, we went out to dinner with our professor which was cool, because he is incredibly knowledgable about his subject matter, and interesting to talk to. The trip was really awesome, because we saw al of these famous and beautiful pieces of art from the early rennaissance period that I had heard about and read about for such a long time (Cimabue, Giotto, Duccio, Donatello, Mosaccio, Botticelli, Leonardo, Michelangelo, etc etc etc). Also, the timing of it all was great. We saw Donatello's David in the same day that we saw Michelangelo's David. I especially enjoyed that.

My photos from Florence and Siena:






http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2024881&id=1340490149&l=ea7f451c57

No comments:

Post a Comment