Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Classes.

School.

I'm taking five classes this semester. I've done semesters where I have taken more credits, but this is proving to be my most difficult and time consuming semester. I really don't mind that my semester is so intense, because I am learning so much. The issue that I have though, is that I am living in Rome, and barely have time to go outside. I spend 12 hours a day, on average, in the basement at school. I am taking two drawing classes, which is great because I needed a lot of practice with the basic art elements, and I have finally had the time and the focus to work on these very basic things. It also helps that I have helpful professors. I really like all of my professors this semester, which is great. My printmaking class is the most frusturating, because it is so time consuming, and every time that I think I did something right, it turns out that I did ten things wrong. But, at least I'm learning. Darkroom photo is definitely my favorite class. The process is so cool to me. I'm also glad that my Sketchbook class and Art History of the early rennaissance class are both set up so that we take field trips around the city, because I likely would not have time to get to many of these places otherwise. I will try to upload some of my artwork soon.

Also, I'm working on my entry on Florence and Siena. So, that'll come soon too!

No comments:

Post a Comment