Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dadadadadada

Today, I went to a dada and surrealism exhibit. I couldn't take pictures in the exhibit , and I was amazed at how much I enjoyed it. In general, I'm not so into that kind of art. But, I was just so awestruck...for lack of a better word. I wrote a really long list of the artists that I want to look more into. There were a bunch of pieces by artists that i was familiar with, but there were SO MANY pieces by artists that I had never heard of before. My favorite was Victor Brauner. (see directly below)
(not taken by me. i found it on the internet.)
After the dada/surrealism exhibit, I saw a brief exhibit on concentration camps (pictures to follow) which was especially interesting, because I couldn't understand any of the words in the exhibit. Between the german and the italian translations, it was more haunting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment